IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT : Maha Yagyam at Sri Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple
The below article has been edited to correct some mistakes. We regret inconvenience caused. Thank you.
The 216 days maha yagyam has started at the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple, Kanchipuram INDIA.
The programme details are below for the first day events.
With the blessings of Loka Matha Sri Kamakshi and Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam Sri Sri Sri Sankara Vijayendra Saraswathi Swamigal, 10.8 crores Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Homam is scheduled and commenced at Sri Kamakshi Ambal Temple, Kanchipuram on 2-7-2020 (July 2nd, 2020) as per the following schedule:–
Getting Anugjai (permission) from Sri Kamakshi.
Getting Anugjai (permission) from Sri Kanchi Kamakoti Peetam
Sri Sri Sri Shankara
Vijayendra Saraswathi Swamigal.
Sri Vigneshwara pooja, Maha Sankalpam, Grahapreethi(Gau dhaanam, Dhasa dhaanam, Pancha dhaanam and Naandhi), punyakavachanam.
8.30 to 11.30 am.
Moola manthra homam(1008 Avarthi).
Sri Lalitha Sahasranama Homam, Kanya, Suvasini and Vaduka pooja, Poornahuthi, Utharanga pooja.
11.30 am. to 12.00 noon
Kalasabishekam to Sri Kamakshi ambal.
Shankaracharyar has allowed the temple Sthanikars to take photos and videos of JUST the homa kundam (havan kund) for the homams done inside the temple. The temple is NOT OPEN to the public now due to the lockdown. Once the lockdown ends, the situation improves and the temple reopens to the public, they will set up 20 or more big homa kundams on the temple grounds and at that time, the TV channels will telecast the homams from the temple grounds. Also, since the lockdown is now till July end, we have requested the TV channels to hold off on publicizing about the maha yagyam at this point to avoid any issues.
Please continue to spread the message related to maha yagyam and help raise as much funds as you can.
Event Details and Contacts
Please go through the following website for the maha yagyam details – https://www.kanchikamakshi.org/559-2/
Please be informed that whenever devotee transfer money to the temple related to the maha yagyam event and would like to obtain a confirmation, do contact the coordinator Shri Gopalan @ Sri Kamakshi Ambal Devasthanam, whose contact information is mentioned above
Shree Mathrey Namah
View/download invitation in other languages:
For those of you who don’t understand what purashcharanam is, which is what this Maha Yagyam (that the Kanchi Matam is planning to start from July 2nd at the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple and do it over 216 days) is about, here is a brief explanation that I hope will help you understand better. According to mantra shastra, whenever a sadhaka/upasaka undertakes mantra japam as an upasana (meaning making a sankalpam to do japam for a certain number of times- usually in lakhs count- and sometimes even within a certain number of days to make it even more powerful -) there are a certain set of rituals to do like homam, tarpanam, marjanam and brahmana bhojanam that are done as 1/10th of the number of japam, ahuthi, tarpanam and marjanam respectively. Meaning 1/10th of the number of japam is the number of ahuthis to be offered in homam, 1/10th of the number of ahuthis to be offered as tarpanam and so on
This is called dashaamsha vidhi or procedure of purashcharanam. These purashcharanam rituals are like students taking exams and passing one exam after the other. Once you pass all exams, you are promoted to the higher grade or class. Once purashcharanam rituals are completed culminating in guru dakshina, the sadhaka should get a vision of any deity in person or in dreams or should get other auspicious dreams of being in a temple or seeing a sannyasi or yogi or guru or cow or white elephant within 45 days after giving the guru dakshina and the guru has blessed the purashcharanam and the upasana of the sadhaka/disciple. Once the sadhaka gets this auspicious vision or dream, then that means the upasana of the sadhaka / devotee has been accepted by the deity and the sadhaka attains “mantra siddhi” and the sadhaka evolves spiritually and his/her kundalini rises and accumulates lot of punyas while burning away a lot of sins. This spiritual evolution is carried over from this birth to the next birth or births. This is the ONLY thing we can carry from this life to the next life until we attain moksha. To ensure that the upasana is successful by way of attaining mantra siddhi, it is important to observe certain rules and restrictions like eating sattvik foods, doing the japam at the same time and in the same place etc. Lalitha Sahasranama parayanam is the ONLY Sahasranama parayanam that is considered as mantra japa when done as a laksha parayanam or sahasra parayanam or more. This is the upasana marga that we have followed for this mahasankalpam. So, all of you have actually done mantra japam adhering strictly to niyama nishtas like eating sattvik food etc. Instead of all of you having to do the purashcharanam rituals, we are doing something far more powerful by having vedic priests to do these rituals at the most powerful of the 51 Shakthi Peetams, Kanchi Sri Kamakshi Amman Temple and that too, directly in front of Ambal’s/Ammavaru’s garbha graha. This is the greatest fortune we can ever get and that has been made possible ONLY by Ambal/Ammavaru, just as SHE helped us complete 121 crore naamaas in 7 months while also giving amazing experiences to a lot of you. As a matter of fact, 2 devotees have had experiences where their cancer was cured by just chanting Lalitha Sahasranama parayanam as part of this 108 crore mahasankalpam and one of them came out of critical care unit and is now normal and alive!!! Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple is the most powerful of the 51 Shakthi Peetams because it is Devi’s “naabhi sthaanam”. Nabhi or belly button is where all 72,000 naadis of human beings originate and Devi’s naabhi sthaanam is where ALL the devathas draw their shakthi from. This sentence should resonate with those of you who did the special upasana and got amazing experiences. To have this maha yagyam or purashcharanam in this naabhi sthaanam is indeed our greatest fortune therefore. So, please ensure that EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU who participated in this mahasankalpam and did parayanams, sponsor this once-in-a-lifetime maha yagyam to the best of your abilities. This maha yagyam or purashcharanam is THE most important part of the upasana, the fruits of which you will be carrying beyond this lifetime. All of you are also extremely blessed to have participated in this mahasankalpam because it was ordained by Devi Herself and Devi Herself has been your Guru and the maha yagyam will be conducted at Her abode, the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple, where the Vashinyaadhi Devathas, who first chanted Lalitha Sahasranamam at Sri Nagara, are also there surrounding the sacred Sri Chakram that was created by the greatest devotee of Devi, Sri Krodha Bhattaraka Durvasa Maharishi in the Treta yuga and which was consecrated by Adhi Shankaracharya at the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple. So, now that you know the significance of the maha yagyam and the temple, I request you to do your absolute best to sponsor and participate in this once-in-a-lifetime maha yagyam. Please expect the invitation with the Kanchi Matam’s bank account details soon. This bank account has been exclusively set up for this maha yagyam.
Welcome to the 108 koti naama parayana of Lalitha Sahasranama (10.8 Lakhs LS chanting) Website. You are blessed to be participating in this maha sankalpam that is under the direct orders of Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika and is being conducted under the auspices of the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple. The Maha Sankalpam puja was conducted on the appearance day (aavirbaava dhina or jayanthi) of Jagadamba Sri Lalitha Parabhattarika as Jaganmatha Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika, October 24, 2019 at the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple by the venerable Devi upasakar and main priest, Sri Suresh Shastrigal. Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi wants this Maha Sankalpam to be done for world peace due to the turbulent times that the world is going through at this time.
It is auspicious to listen to the Maha Sankalpam before you start the parayanam. Here is the audio recording of the Maha Sankalpam Puja.
Here is the grand total of Parayanams completed by devotees around the world as of 05-July-2020 :
(145 crores 55 lakhs and 58 thousand naamas completed. Target is 121 crores)
Attention all devotees, especially newcomers – There is NO NEED to do any individual sankalpam. You just need to listen ONCE to the maha sankalpam audio in the website before you start your laksha parayana. There is NO sankalpam document nor are we going to create one. Thereby, there is no changing the sankalpam to match the day’s Thithi etc. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for clarifications before emailing the volunteers.
Devotees can chant Lalitha Sahasranamam at their house at any convenient time in the morning or evening or both times and preferably, if you can, at the same place and approximately around the same time preferably. To participate in this maha sankalpam, there are certain requirements as follows :-
1. Procedure for Maha Sankalpam: Do Lalitha Sahasranama parayanam at your house by following the below steps:
- Step 1: Do Laksha parayana (108 times Lalitha Sahasranama chanting) in 108 days or a mandala (41 to 48 days) or lesser number of days. After completing Laksha parayana, offer maha neivedyam to Ambal/Ammavaru/Bhagavati/Devi) and offer Guru Dakshina to Devi in a nearby Devi temple hundi.
- Step 2: Now that you have completed Laksha parayana, do Sahasra parayana (1008 times, count starting from 1) in 216 days or 108 days or lesser number of days. Just few days before completing the Sahasra parayana, reach out to us through Telegram group or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org, to know about the puja to be done in order to complete the Sahasra parayana upasana.
- Step 3: After you complete Sahasra parayana, Devi has given instructions for a special upasana. To know about the special upasana, please reach out to us through Telegram group or email us at: email@example.com.
2. Please try to remain pure vegetarian during the time of Laksha and Sahasra parayana. That means no meat, no eggs, preferably no garlic and onions as well. This restriction is only being requested during the time when you are doing Laksha or Sahasra parayana.
3. Complete the Commitment form by clicking here.
Please note: Devotees can start the parayanam on any day right after completing the registration/commitment form without expecting any confirmation email.
4. You will be required to enter the count of daily parayanams in the Parayana Count Tracker form by clicking here.
Click here to understand how to fill the parayanam count tracker form.
Update your parayana count in the parayana count tracker form ONLY. Please do not post in the Telegram group. It will not be counted.
For your personal tracking purposes, please keep track of your parayanam count in a notebook, besides updating the parayanam count tracker form.
5. Please join our Telegram group (Telegram is like WhatsApp and can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple App Store). We communicate and update devotees on the grand total and functions or announcements through this group. Do not forward any other messages/photos/videos or make any irrelevant comments in the group.
- To install Telegram app in Android OS click here.
- To install Telegram app in IOS click here.
- If installing Telegram app for the first time per above points, register your phone number on Telegram app, so that the app is now active on your phone.
- Now please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the our telegram group, with your full name, country code and phone number. We will then respond back with your special invite link to join our telegram group.
- Click on the special invite link to join our telegram group.
6. Ladies can have monthly breaks of 5 days or so and can continue from where they left off. If, for example, they left off at 24th count, they can start from 25th count after their monthly break.
7. Devotees will need to do the parayanam daily until they finish the Laksha parayanam or Sahasra parayanam UNLESS they fall sick OR there is any family emergency. If the break is due to sickness, then the devotee can continue from where they left off before the illness.
8. If you are travelling, please continue the parayanam even if you are staying at a hotel.
9. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for clarifications before emailing the volunteers. For any other questions, please send email to email@example.com.
Please allow for 1 to 2 days for us to respond back.
This Maha Yagyam is also supported by the following spiritual websites:
- Mahaperiyava blogspot: https://mahaperiyavaa.blog/2019/10/30/lalitha-sahasranama-yagna-for-loka-kshemam/
- Purnananda Lahari: https://wp.me/paeqX3-EE
May Goddess Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika bless you to complete the Laksha/Sahasra Parayanam.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.