IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT (May-31-2020) : Maha Yagyam at Sri Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple
We are happy to announce that this mahasankalpam will be completed when we reach 121 crores. We anticipate reaching that count, with the great Devi’s blessings, by the first week of June, 2020. Those of you who are in the middle of your laksha parayanam, sahasra parayanam and special upasana can continue on even after we reach 121 crores and complete your sankalpam. It will be counted towards this mahasankalpam as aparaadha prarthana as compensation for mistakes made during the parayanams. All of you who participated in this once-in-a-lifetime opportunity are indeed truly blessed.
We are now planning on successfully completing this mahasankalpam in accordance with mantra shastras by conducting dashaamsha (1/10th) purashcharana vidhi of homams/havans with 10.8 crore ahuthees (1/10th of 108 crores), 1.08 crore tarpanams, 10.8 lakh marjanams and 1.08 lakh brahmana bhojanams. This great and most auspicious maha yagyam, the likes of which has not been witnessed by modern India or the world in this Kali yuga, is a once-in-a-lifetime (or many lifetimes) opportunity and is not to be missed. This massive homam (maha yagyam) will invoke extremely powerful positive energies in our continuing fight against the negative energies to protect the world from calamities and great suffering.
The Kanchi Matam / Mutt will be conducting this maha yagyam also, just as the mahasankalpa parayanams were done under the auspices of the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman temple and the Kanchi Matam with Devi’s blessings and Kanchi Shankaracharya’s permission and blessings.
The maha yagyam will be conducted over 216 or more days and will start within the first 2 weeks of June 2020 under the auspices of the Kanchi Matam and with the full blessings of Kanchi Shankaracharya, Sri Sri Sri Vijayendra Saraswathi Swami. We will shortly announce the exact start date of the Maha yagyam as well as the sponsorship opportunities available to the devotees and general public to participate in this once-in-a-lifetime and most auspicious maha yagyam.
Due to the current lockdown situation, we will start the maha yagyam with 1 homa kundam (1 havan kund) and slowly expand to 20 homa kundams in strict accordance with government issued guidelines.
We will start the most auspicious maha yagyam with the 1 homa kundam directly in front of Sri Kamakshi Devi just outside the main sanctum sanctorum.
Please check this website back in a few days for new updates like exact start date, sponsorship opportunities and bank account details of the account that will be set up by the Kanchi Matam exclusively for this maha yagyam.
Welcome to the 108 koti naama parayana of Lalitha Sahasranama (10.8 Lakhs LS chanting) Website. You are blessed to be participating in this maha sankalpam that is under the direct orders of Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika and is being conducted under the auspices of the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple. The Maha Sankalpam puja was conducted on the appearance day (aavirbaava dhina or jayanthi) of Jagadamba Sri Lalitha Parabhattarika as Jaganmatha Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika, October 24, 2019 at the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple by the venerable Devi upasakar and main priest, Sri Suresh Shastrigal. Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi wants this Maha Sankalpam to be done for world peace due to the turbulent times that the world is going through at this time.
It is auspicious to listen to the Maha Sankalpam before you start the parayanam. Here is the audio recording of the Maha Sankalpam Puja.
Here is the grand total of Parayanams completed by devotees around the world as of 02-June-2020 :
(121 crores 79 lakhs and 24 thousand naamas completed out of 121 crores target)
Attention all devotees, especially newcomers – There is NO NEED to do any individual sankalpam. You just need to listen ONCE to the maha sankalpam audio in the website before you start your laksha parayana. There is NO sankalpam document nor are we going to create one. Thereby, there is no changing the sankalpam to match the day’s Thithi etc. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for clarifications before emailing the volunteers.
Devotees can chant Lalitha Sahasranamam at their house at any convenient time in the morning or evening or both times and preferably, if you can, at the same place and approximately around the same time preferably. To participate in this maha sankalpam, there are certain requirements as follows :-
1. Procedure for Maha Sankalpam: Do Lalitha Sahasranama parayanam at your house by following the below steps:
- Step 1: Do Laksha parayana (108 times Lalitha Sahasranama chanting) in 108 days or a mandala (41 to 48 days) or lesser number of days. After completing Laksha parayana, offer maha neivedyam to Ambal/Ammavaru/Bhagavati/Devi) and offer Guru Dakshina to Devi in a nearby Devi temple hundi.
- Step 2: Now that you have completed Laksha parayana, do Sahasra parayana (1008 times, count starting from 1) in 216 days or 108 days or lesser number of days. Just few days before completing the Sahasra parayana, reach out to us through Telegram group or email us at: email@example.com, to know about the puja to be done in order to complete the Sahasra parayana upasana.
- Step 3: After you complete Sahasra parayana, Devi has given instructions for a special upasana. To know about the special upasana, please reach out to us through Telegram group or email us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
2. Please try to remain pure vegetarian during the time of Laksha and Sahasra parayana. That means no meat, no eggs, preferably no garlic and onions as well. This restriction is only being requested during the time when you are doing Laksha or Sahasra parayana.
3. Complete the Commitment form by clicking here.
Please note: Devotees can start the parayanam on any day right after completing the registration/commitment form without expecting any confirmation email.
4. You will be required to enter the count of daily parayanams in the Parayana Count Tracker form by clicking here.
Click here to understand how to fill the parayanam count tracker form.
Update your parayana count in the parayana count tracker form ONLY. Please do not post in the Telegram group. It will not be counted.
For your personal tracking purposes, please keep track of your parayanam count in a notebook, besides updating the parayanam count tracker form.
5. Please join our Telegram group (Telegram is like WhatsApp and can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple App Store). We communicate and update devotees on the grand total and functions or announcements through this group. Do not forward any other messages/photos/videos or make any irrelevant comments in the group.
- To install Telegram app in Android OS click here.
- To install Telegram app in IOS click here.
- If installing Telegram app for the first time per above points, register your phone number on Telegram app, so that the app is now active on your phone.
- Now please send an email to email@example.com to join the our telegram group, with your full name, country code and phone number. We will then respond back with your special invite link to join our telegram group.
- Click on the special invite link to join our telegram group.
6. Ladies can have monthly breaks of 5 days or so and can continue from where they left off. If, for example, they left off at 24th count, they can start from 25th count after their monthly break.
7. Devotees will need to do the parayanam daily until they finish the Laksha parayanam or Sahasra parayanam UNLESS they fall sick OR there is any family emergency. If the break is due to sickness, then the devotee can continue from where they left off before the illness.
8. If you are travelling, please continue the parayanam even if you are staying at a hotel.
9. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for clarifications before emailing the volunteers. For any other questions, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow for 1 to 2 days for us to respond back.
This Maha Yagyam is also supported by the following spiritual websites:
- Mahaperiyava blogspot: https://mahaperiyavaa.blog/2019/10/30/lalitha-sahasranama-yagna-for-loka-kshemam/
- Purnananda Lahari: https://wp.me/paeqX3-EE
May Goddess Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika bless you to complete the Laksha/Sahasra Parayanam.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.