Welcome to the 100 koti naama parayana of Lalitha Sahasranama (10 Lakhs LS chanting) Website. You are blessed to be participating in this maha sankalpam that is under the direct orders of Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika and is being conducted under the auspices of the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple. The Maha Sankalpam puja was conducted on the appearance day (aavirbaava dhina or jayanthi) of Jagadamba Sri Lalitha Parabhattarika as Jaganmatha Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika, October 24, 2019 at the Kanchi Kamakshi Amman Temple by the venerable Devi upasakar and main priest, Sri Suresh Shastrigal. Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi wants this Maha Sankalpam to be done for world peace due to the turbulent times that the world is going through at this time.
It is auspicious to listen to the Maha Sankalpam before you start the parayanam. Here is the audio recording of the Maha Sankalpam Puja.
Attention all devotees, especially newcomers – There is NO NEED to do any individual sankalpam. You just need to listen ONCE to the maha sankalpam audio in the website before you start your laksha parayana. There is NO sankalpam document nor are we going to create one. Thereby, there is no changing the sankalpam to match the day’s Thithi etc. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for clarifications before emailing the volunteers.
Devotees can chant Lalitha Sahasranamam at their house at any convenient time in the morning or evening or both times and preferably, if you can, at the same place and approximately around the same time preferably. To participate in this maha sankalpam, there are certain requirements as follows :-
1. Need commitment to do Laksha (108 times chanting) or Sahasra (1008 times chanting) parayanam of Lalitha Sahasranamam at your house.
- Laksha parayana can be done in 108 days or a mandala (41 to 48 days) or lesser number of days.
- Sahasra parayana can be done in 216 days or 108 days or lesser number of days.
2. Please try to remain pure vegetarian during the time of Laksha and Sahasra parayana. That means no meat, no eggs, preferably no garlic and onions as well. This restriction is only being requested during the time when you are doing Laksha or Sahasra parayana.
3. Complete the Commitment form by clicking here.
Please note: Devotees can start the parayanam on any day right after completing the registration/commitment form without expecting any confirmation email.
4. You will be required to enter the count of daily parayanams in the Parayana Count Tracker form by clicking here.
Click here to understand how to fill the parayanam count tracker form.
Update your parayana count in the parayana count tracker form ONLY. Please do not post in the Telegram group. It will not be counted.
For your personal tracking purposes, please keep track of your parayanam count in a notebook, besides updating the parayanam count tracker form.
5. Please join our Telegram group (Telegram is like WhatsApp and can be downloaded from Google Play Store or Apple App Store). We communicate and update devotees on the grand total and functions or announcements through this group. Do not forward any other messages/photos/videos or make any irrelevant comments in the group.
- To install Telegram app in Android OS click here.
- To install Telegram app in IOS click here.
- If installing Telegram app for the first time per above points, register your phone number on Telegram app, so that the app is now active on your phone.
- Now please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to join the our telegram group, with your full name, country code and phone number. We will then respond back with your special invite link to join our telegram group.
- Click on the special invite link to join our telegram group.
6. Here is the grand total of Parayanams completed by devotees around the world as of 19-Jan-2020 (Count updated every Sunday):
(19 crore 76 lakh and 23 thousand naamas completed out of 100 crore target)
7. Ladies can have monthly breaks of 5 days or so and can continue from where they left off. If, for example, they left off at 24th count, they can start from 25th count after their monthly break.
8. Devotees will need to do the parayanam daily until they finish the Laksha parayanam or Sahasra parayanam UNLESS they fall sick OR there is any family emergency. If the break is due to sickness, then the devotee can continue from where they left off before the illness.
9. If you are travelling, please continue the parayanam even if you are staying at a hotel.
10. Please visit our frequently asked questions (FAQ) page for clarifications before emailing the volunteers. For any other questions, please send email to email@example.com.
Please allow for 1 to 2 days for us to respond back.
This Maha Yagyam is also supported by the following spiritual websites:
- Mahaperiyava blogspot: https://mahaperiyavaa.blog/2019/10/30/lalitha-sahasranama-yagna-for-loka-kshemam/
- Purnananda Lahari: https://wp.me/paeqX3-EE
May Goddess Jagadamba Sri Kamakshi Parabhattarika bless you to complete the Laksha/Sahasra Parayanam.
Follow My Blog
Get new content delivered directly to your inbox.